The Truth of All Things



A woman has been murdered. Her body has been laid in the form of a pentagram. She is pinned to the ground with a pitchfork in her neck.


At first the murder seems to be the work of some sick and twisted person but the deeper Archie gets involved in the case, the more it seems the woman’s death could be the work of evil magic and witches.

Deputy Marshall Archie Lean is on the case. He is joined by former Pinkerton agent and Native American, Perceval Grey, and historian, Helen Prescott.

While, this book had elements of my genre…mystery, I still had my reservations about it. At first, it seemed like it was going to take a while to develop the story and progress but I was surprised in a good way by how much I did enjoy this book. Yes, it is a slow progression of a story but if you stick with it, than I guarantee that you will like it as much as I did. The last half of the book is where the story really picks up.

For me, I picked up instantly on the fact that this book made me think of Sherlock Holmes. Perceval. He had brain smarts but in a way like Mr. Holmes. He picked up on things before other people did. I thought that he and Archie worked well together. They were kind of like the misfits, who banded together. Also, I did enjoy the setting of this story. It had this old time feel to it like the 1800’s mixed with elements of a western movie. The ending of this book ended on a high note. Mr. Shields shows that he is a voice to stand up and take notice of! I can not wait to see what he comes out with next.

Comments

Theatre Geek said…
I'm trying to get a good readership for my blog! http://poetryprosepopcorn.blogspot.com/ Please read, comment, subscribe!
Unknown said…
Interesting. I'm not sure if it would hold my interest long enough to get to the good half of the book, though.

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Get Buck Naked!

Don't Say a Word: A Daughter's Two Cents

Book Giveaway